17 January 2011

Jan 17- "one that will make my unborn children grow gills

Party Girl (1995)
dir. Daisy von Scherler Mayer

CAST
Parker Posey - Broken English (2007)
Liev Schreiber - X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
John Ventimiglia - Flypaper (2011)
Dwight Ewell - Dogma (1999)

I got this recommendation from another blog which said something along the lines of "this is pretty good and you can watch it instantly on Netflix," and since my queue is always short on the light-hearted not-too-thinky stuff, I gave it a go.

I like Parker Posey, I think she's cool. Even though I always confuse her with Elizabeth Banks.

Oh my gosh! Which is which! The only thing I have to go on is that E.B. is usually blonde and P.P. is usually brunette, but you know these actresses and their looks always be a-changing. At least P.P. tends to stick to the indie stuff, so when push comes to shove, Banks is usually the better guess.

Sooo, this movie is a lot like Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009) or maybe Clueless (1995) or Legally Blonde (2001). What I mean to say that it's about a ditzy girl who is alarmed when shit gets real, but manages to pull through by cultivating some sort of practical skill. In this case, it's library science. Other than that, there's an awkward romance which is even less developed than the aforementioned movies, and some colorful side characters who are mostly just irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment