29 July 2011

25 July - "When an ugly chick dies...it's no big deal"

Flypaper (2011)
dir. Rob Minkoff (The Lion King, 1994)

CAST
Patrick Dempsey (Outbreak, 1995)
Ashley Judd (Heat, 1995)
Mekhi Phifer (Dawn of the Dead, 2004)
Jeffrey Tambor (There's Something About Mary, 1998)
Octavia Spencer (Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous, 2005)
Curtis Armstrong (Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, 2004)
Tim Blake Nelson (O Brother, Where Art Thou?, 2000)
John Ventimiglia (Party Girl, 1995)
Adrian Martinez (Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, 2007)

I'm almost not sick anymore! a couple days ago (more by the time I finish and publish this) I watched Flypaper On Demand with my mom. It was fun with a cute twist at the end, I liked it better than Ocean's Eleven, but I hated that movie (you know how sometimes a movie seems smart but clearly it is not? This is true for mostly everything).

I'm also super-stressed by some...unpleasantness..which makes a thinky and/or feely movie an undesirable option because all of my feelings are melting into anxiety and unhappiness and all of my thinkings are devolving into self esteem issues. Plus my sinuses are clogged up. It's been a rough week :(

Sorry to get self-indulgent there.

I never heard of this movie before I read the synopsis on the TV. It seemed okay and it was so indeed. Patrick Dempsey's character was schizophrenic or something, and Ashley Judd was the "strait man." Basically two robberies occur simultaneously in the same bank, and as the criminals squabble over how to get into the vault and what to do with the hostages, Patrick Dempsey races about using his super-observation skills to figure who murdered the guy who died in the first gunfight, and why. There are more than 2 bank robberies going on here!

The only thing I'm unclear on is whether or not Dempsey was in on it the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment