20 November 2011

17 Nov -"She would probably bite him if he tried"

The Girl Who Played With Fire (2009)
dir. Daniel Alfredson (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, 2009)

CAST
Michael Nyqvist (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, 2009)
Noomi Rapace  (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo2009)
Lena Endre  (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo2009)
Georgi Stakov  (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo2009)

I was kind of in a limbo-state last weekend where getting things done wasn't really an option on the table. Sooo I watched a lot of movies. Maybe I could have written a paper or something, but I didn't. I think I liked The Girl Who Played With Fire a little better than Dragon Tattoo, but I liked Hornet's Nest least of all. It was okay, just not as good as this one. I watched them both in such quick succession, though, that as I'm trying to recall my thoughts I keep confusing them. A lot like The Empire Strikes Back, this sequel gives us a little more insight into our heroine's family and tumultuous past. I think there's a pretty basic trilogy formula that holds true this pattern.

I hear a lot of about Lisbeth Salander being such a strong female character, and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that, because she certainly gets victimized a lot. On the other hand, she doesn't cry or whine about it. In fact, she doesn't say that much at all. That's a king of strength, I suppose. Because shit will always be going down, but you gotta roll with the punches, that's what I always say.

No comments:

Post a Comment